The Streaked Skies of by Shane McAdams
Some art is lit from within. These landscapes created with ballpoint pen, oil paint and resin by Shane McAdams are an ultimate example of the luminous. Streaked skies like this make me want to hike a trail this afternoon and watch the sunset.
"The works of Lukasz Wodynski are a a combination of the polemicizing process which every living creature undergoes. Wodynski is interested in the horizontal system of the axis of birth, life, death and defecation of a human organism. He’s constantly Intrigued by the conflict between the appearances and the essence of being, these contrasts are the foundation of the system. Every art nude is simultaneously a question about sexuality and self-awareness of the individual. By creating single situations, figures, gestures and forms Wodynski’s attempt to explore the mystery and alchemy of being, in what is mysterious and dark, colorful and noble, material and timeless within us."
im failing biology
Everyday Objects Made Unusable by Giuseppe Colarusso
- Josie: I have a new crusshhhhh
- Matt: Me too! On a boy!
- Pearl: You're a boy with a crush on a boy?
- Matt: Yeah he's really cute.
- Pearl: Oh.
- (pause for a bit)
- Matt: Boys can like boys. I just can't marry him because boys can't marry boys.
- Me: Yeah they can. You can marry whoever you want.
- Matt: Really?
- Josie: YEAH my tia has a wife so now I have a titi and a auntie.
- Matt: Okay. Then maybe I'll marry him.
- Dave: (from across the room) No you can't you're seven.
- (Age was apparently the only foreseeable problem anyone of my elementary schoolers could see with gay marriage.)